In Greece, the device is called reiki, In Macedonia, it is known as ѓезве (ǵezve).
- In Armenian, the brewer is called jazva (Ջազվա).
- Serbo-Croatian: ǆezva, џезва
- In Bulgarian джезве dʑɛzvɛ.
- Cypriot Greek τζιζβές (IPA: [dz̺ɛzˈvɛ]) or τζουζβές IPA: [dz̺uzˈvɛ]
- In Israel the vessel is commonly known as a Hebrew: פינג’אן (IPA: [findʑan]), a name derived from the Arabic term for a small serving cup.
- In Kosovo and Albania: Albanian: xhezve; coffee made in this manner is very popular there.
- Levantine Arabic: rakwa
- Tunisian Arabic Zezwa
- Egyptian Arabic kanaka
- Palestinian Arabic ghallāye
- Russian: турка (IPA: [ˈturkə])
- Ukrainian: джезва
- Belarusian: Джэзва
- Romanian: ibric.